Spangdahlem Air Base is located in the Eifel Region of Germany, near the France and Luxembourg border, and is part of the U.S. Air Force’s in Europe Command. Spangdahlem was established in the early 1950’s shortly after World War II as a base for tactical aircraft. Throughout the years, it has been home to numerous different air frames and now flies the F-16 Fighting Falcons with the mission of defending American and Allied interests, and building partnership capacity.
Spangdahlem Live is a blog maintained by the 52nd Fighter Wing Public Affairs office and is a reflection of the men and women serving at Spangdahlem and in the Air Force. For more information visit our official website at http://www.spangdahlem.af.mil or find us on Facebook at Spangdahlem Air Base.
While this is an open forum, it’s also a family-friendly one, so please keep your comments clean. In addition, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here:
– We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions, nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
– We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
– We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
– We do not allow spam.
– We do not allow profanity.
– For Official Use Only (FOUO), classified, pre-decisional, proprietary or business-sensitive information should never be discussed here.
– You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Comments are reviewed before posting, but they are not edited. If you don’t comply, your comment will not be approved and published by the managers of Spangdahlem’s blog.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Air Force or Department of Defense.
Feel free to send us comments or suggestions on what you’d like to see or read on this blog. Thank you for your participation, support and interest in Spangdahlem Air Base and the 52nd Fighter Wing.